After patiently waiting for one of our tour vehicles to get fixed, we finally made it to san diego! This beach town has so much beauty and character to it. It was hot, hot, hot, while we were here - but nice to feel the sun on my face for a change...don't worry mom, i wore sunblock!
The first day we were here, Dia (tour mate) and I hung out in La Jolla all day. We visited the seals on the beach, walked through town to explore the shops and food, and ended up on a grassy area in between town and the ocean to relax. It felt great to explore around, without having definite plans for once.
Over the next few days, I was able to hand out with my good buddy, Leslie, who lives one block from Pacific Beach in San Diego. It was so great to see her and spend time bumming around her new (temporary) home town. Leslie is a travel nurse, so luck would have it that we were in the same place, at the same time. I am glad it worked out like that. I miss the hell out of that girl, so i got my leslie-fix :)
We went all over the place...Del Mar, Solana Beach, Mission Bay, Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, La Jolla. It was great. There are so many parts to this area. All beautiful, but all very different from the last.
Our event was downtown in Little Italy, Saturday and Sunday. It was nice to be in Little Italy, reminded me of being back home on The Hill. The smells, the community, the food... it was a fun place to have an event. The event itself was the artwalk. There were all kinds of artists, food vendors, people everywhere. Much different feel from our last hippie event :) Kashi's headquarters is in La Jolla, so several folks from Kashi were there. It was great to watch them experience the event in action. Such great people to work with. I am not going to lie, 7 hours of straight yoga does get a little exhausting. Good thing I love yoga so much! It's so amazing to watch people experience yoga for the first time, I don't even have time to notice the exhaustion with all the excitement going on. Those San Diegans love their yoga! It's nice to be in a community with such a great appreciation for yoga. I could get used to this CA stuff :)
Well, have to go pack up and head out. Next stop, Santa Monica!
much love and hugs back home!!!! Feel free to come visit anytime. It would be nice to see some familiar faces on the road :)
xoxo,
Brigette
No comments:
Post a Comment