Tuesday, April 15, 2008

first foot forward


Well, I am officially on the road... 

It was a little hectic getting things together to leave home, but it all worked out. The yoga studio is in good hands, Kava is living with Joe, my house is rented out, I sold my car and quit my day job.  I am officially a full-time yoga instructor.  YAY!

Thanks to mom, dad, Tim and Ellen for helping me get things organized.  Whew!  Glad that's over...now, for the fun part!

I had training all last week with the Kashi "Day of Change" crew.  Everyone is great.  It's going to be an adventure, that's for sure!  Lot's of unique personalities, making up an incredible team.  Looking forward to where we take this :)  After learning all about Kashi as a brand, what they stand for and understanding their mission, I am even more ecstatic than before.  I can finally say that I am 100% behind the brand i am working for, on a personal level.  It's a really good feeling.  

So the road trip part has been fun, so far.  Seeing so many different states, at an easy pace is really great.  We have a beautiful country on our hands.  There were times when I couldn't believe my eyes, when driving through the mountains today.  Incredible.  I spent most of today in Nebraska, Wyoming and crashing for the night in Utah.  Tomorrow, we will coast through Nevada and stay put in California for a bit.  The first event is in San Francisco.  Most events are 2-3 days, but the first one is only one day.  Since we arrive in San Francisco tomorrow evening, I will have a couple days off to explore before the event set up on Friday morning.  I am visiting a few yoga studios on my days off.  Can't wait to work with some of the senior yoga teachers there.

I better get to bed.  Below are a few shots from the road in Utah this afternoon....
 

1 comment:

Seanna and Brian said...

YAY! Blogs are so fun. Such a good idea for you to do one! Good luck with your adventures and be safe. You are going to have so much fun!