Hello from sunny san francisco!
Everything is beautiful, here. Our hotel overlooks the bay area and we are just a few miles from downtown. Yesterday was our first "day off" since we arrived. To be honest, I didn't really know what to do with myself... since last fall, my schedule has been so jam-packed trying to simultaneously feed my love for yoga and teaching, while maintaining a career in
advertising. Now that I am focused on one thing, yoga, my brain is overwhelmed (in a good way). The fact that i now have only one major priority, is pretty amazing! I am starting to understand what it feels like to be "focused."
So, yesterday I took it slow for once. I spent time outside, caught up on a few emails, and went downtown to visit the local Anusara Yoga studio, Yoga Kula. Two people from the Kashi tour crew came with me, which was a lot of fun. The teacher was great. He had a really interesting approach to sequencing the class. We focused mainly on hip-openers, but his interpretation of hip openers was different than what i am used to. He basically took all different categories of poses (standing, arm balances, back bends, etc.) and worked in a variation that opened the hips. Parts of class were pretty challenging, but so much fun. This practice feels like a game to me, always learning more and trying new things. Doing yoga is like playtime! We walked away basking in the bliss from our practice. It's that feeling that keeps me coming back.
Today I am going downtown to hang out in the sunshine and eat some yummy seafood on
the street. Probably going to another class tonight at yoga kula... our event isn't until this weekend, so we have a few more days to explore.
Thank you for all the sweet messages, keep them coming! It makes this adventure somehow feel close to home.
much love to everyone!
Brigette
1 comment:
I'm good at hip openers! I'll meet you at the class tonite! Oh, wait...I am in St Louis. Darn it.
Post a Comment