Thursday, May 1, 2008

star struck


I personally declare myself star struck! 

Yesterday, Dia and I were walking down Hollywood ave. and stumbled right into the Iron Man movie premier. It was a huge deal, red carpet and everything. Most of you know, I am not too good at staying up to date with pop culture, I had never even heard of that movie!  So, I didn't really expect to care if I saw movie stars...WRONG! I was just as excited as everyone else, if not more excited.

We were standing across the street from Robert Downey Jr., Gweneth Paltrow, Terrence Howard, Vince Vaughn, Jon Favreau (Swingers), Ben Stiller, P. Diddy, Jack Black, Chris Turk (Scrubs)... I am sure there were more I didn't even see. It was crazy.

It got me thinking... what is the big deal about famous people? What is it that makes people (myself included) star struck?! I guess it's just the reality of a character being a normal human being. It's the idea that these people, who make a living off acting like someone else, can actually be their own unique person. And, similar to how we watch them on the big screen, we want to know who they really are, hear them speak, watch them live. It's a crazy phenomenon... I am not sure I totally get it. But, I know i surrendered to it when I was walking down Hollywood ave., I was stunned. Those movie stars.... they sure are fun to look at :)

After all that Hollywood stuff, I had to bring myself back down to earth... Today, I got up and went to a 6am yoga class on West Hollywood at City Yoga (www.cityyoga.com).  Now, that kind of Hollywood I can do!  Class was great, the studio was great and the instructor (Noah Maze) was incredible!  I have wanted to take his class since I saw him at the Anusara Immersion in Atlanta two years ago.  He was assisting John Friend with some instruction and demos and his practice was so strong and open!  The class, the experiences I've had in this city...its all pretty amazing.  The aliveness of LA, mixed with a grounded/expansive yoga class definitely hit the spot!  I am one happy camper!

Don't worry, it's not all fun and games around here.  Tomorrow, we have our event set up at 4am, then the event is all day Friday and Saturday from 10-6, then tear down after the event on Saturday.  It's going to be a long two days - but I can't complain - we are on the Santa Monica Pier the whole time.  

More photos and adventures soon to come.  I am sure I will have some good stories after Venice Beach on Sunday :)

XOXO,
Brige

Photos below:
Chinese Theatre, Jack Black, Chris Turk, Vince Vaughn, P. Diddy, Gweneth Paltrow







No comments: