Wednesday, May 21, 2008

just ask for it


Hello, my dear friends!

Last week, I hung out in the OC area.  Yep, it was as great as it sounds.  I was so happy to get back to a beach town, after Vegas.  We arrived on a Monday and stayed for a week.  Our event was Saturday and Sunday, as usual.  The first few days we were there, I spent most of my time hanging out at the beaches. When I went to Huntington Beach, I stumbled upon a surf competition near the pier.  Very cool to watch.  Another day, I went to an early morning yoga class with Lyndee Davis (Certified Anusara Instructor), then hit Newport Beach.  I was in heaven.  After a very active and challenging yoga class, there I was walking down the beach with salt water taffy in hand and toes in the sand.  Pretty fantastic.  I was definitely thinking how lucky I was to be where I was at the time.   It was a gift, that's for sure.

The event was fun.  It was a Jazz Festival.  I have to admit, I don't know much about Jazz.  But, I do know it's fun to see people have a good time.  Those jazz fans are serious about having fun!  People were paying good money to sit out in the hot sun (for two days straight) to watch some of their favorites perform.  It was a lot of fun to experience.  I posted a few pictures below - mostly of our crew hanging out when no one was at our exhibit.  The crowds came in between musicians.  People were there for the music, that's for sure!

Visiting all these fantastic Anusara Yoga studios and studying with so many amazing teachers on a regular basis really makes me stop and think... I just can't believe I am where I am right now, right here, in this life.  It's crazy, really.  I have been in love with Anusara Yoga since the ripe age of 16.  After completing my Yoga Alliance Certification, I knew I wanted to head down the Anusara path.  (It's like I completed my undergrad in yoga, but wanted to get my masters in Anusara.) But how could I make this work?  To be an Anusara Certified Instructor is a huge deal...in my opinion, they are the most highly trained, knowledgeable, fun-loving, incredible, teachers I have ever experienced.  To obtain the certification, it's a lengthy process...you have to study under an Anusara certified teacher on a regular basis, log several hours studying with the master teachers at Immersions, study the Tantric philosophy, take a written test, show a video of your classes, and much more - you get the idea.  Lots of time in person with credited sources, as it should be.  If you haven't noticed, most of what is listed above is impossible in St. Louis, MO.  I've always known I will figure it out, I just had no idea how.  

I was pondering this same situation (yet again) the night before going to Lyndee's class.  I know I will be a great Anusara teacher some day,  I just have to be patient.  Very hard, when you want something now and you know exactly what it is that you want.  Anyway, I went to Lyndee's class, had a blast, and learned a lot.  Lyndee and I started talking after class and she was asking where I was in the certification process.  I told her my biggest challenge with traveling is completing the immersion hours - I am about 30% there.  To my surprise, she and Josh Borella were teaching an immersion that very weekend!  She welcomed me to join them, so I did just that.  See, there you go - you just have to throw your questions out there and the universe takes care of the rest.  That Friday night, I knocked out a few more immersion hours, learned a ton from Lyndee and Josh, and walked away feeling accomplished.  One step closer...  

That's one thing I have figured out over the past year.  I don't have to get everything figured out right now, I just have to keep actively taking steps toward my dreams and goals.  It's cool how things keep unfolding.  Makes me excited about life.  I say this all the time, but I will say it again... I can't wait to see what is next.  In the mean time, I sure am enjoying the hell out of what's currently happening on a daily basis!

Now, we are in Boulder... don't even get me started on how wonderful it is in Boulder.  Even better than I imagined.  That's a whole separate blog, though :)  I still have so much to experience.  Soon to come...

Much love and hugs back home!  Tim and Ellen - don't forget to come home from Hawaii! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Until next time, 
B









No comments: